OK, that’s not even remotely true.
But it sure was inspired by said CR-V – more specifically the ad for it in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly.
The other side of the page has a random list that features items like “See the Cabazon dinosaurs” (No. 5) and “Ride in a blimp” (No. 8).
While I may never purchase this new CR-V – don’t take offense Honda, I’m hoping my Ford Focus hatchback lasts for many, many years so I’m not in the market for any new wheels (knock wood) – I will certainly borrow this great little concept and make a “Before I settle down …” list of my own, tailored to my writing career.
Of course, I’ll do a rest-of-my-life list, too, as I’m OCD that way, but that’s just ‘twixt me and my journal.
And since “settling down” could mean something different to everyone, I’m interpreting it to mean “before I put down my trusty blue PaperMate pen for good” … which will hopefully be the day it falls from my lifeless left hand after I take my last breath.
At any rate, here we go:
1. Publish one of the novels that are residing in my head (and computer).
2. Write in my journal on a Tahitian beach.
3. Work in New York.
4. Conceptualize, do and put out the photo/poetry book the fella and I have been talking about doing for ages.
5. Finish my haiku notebook and publish selected poems from it.
6. Continue my journalism studies at NYU.
7. Have Ink for Blood inspire other writers.
8. Continue to read everything I can get my hands on.
9. Work more as the editor/copywriter to the fella’s art director.
10. Never stop being thankful that I get to write for a living.
So that’s my little list.
What do you want to do before you “settle down?”